The Written Law and the Oral Law are inseparable companions. Both were presented to Moses at Sinai; neither can stand without the other. The Written Law is the foundation. The Mishnah was the first portion of its oral elucidation to be committed to writing.
More than a translation, more than a commentary, the ArtScroll Mishnah Series with Yad Avraham commentary brings the text to life as it is developed and clarified by contending minds in the study hall. The commentators infer and prove, the Gemara interprets and enlightens.
- All sources are clearly cited.
- New English translation distinguished for clarity
- In-depth introduction preceding each tractate
- Hebrew text fully punctuated and vowelized
- Every phrase in the Mishnah is accounted for; no need to refer back and forth from text to commentary.
- Illustrative diagrams to explain concepts
- Prefatory comments to introduce new concepts
- Yad Avraham commentary covering the full range of major, and many secondary, commentaries.
This item is not returnable or exchangeable
|Ships Free?||Eligible for Free Shipping|