Uniquely insightful and entertaining tips to a healthy Jewish marriage, sprinkled with humor and Torah anecdotes... including:
- Rav Rafoel Levin on the obligatory smile
- Rav Shmuel Aron Yudelevitz on conflict
- the Vizhnitz Rebbe, shalom bayis, and jewelry
- Rav Avraham Pam on communication
- the Ponevezher Rav on keeping a house tidy
- the Gerrer Rebbe on what you have if you don t have peace
- Rav Shimshon Raphael Hirsch on choosing a wife
- Rav Moshe Shmuel Shapira on how to respect one s wife
- the Lubavitcher Rebbe on spending time with your wife
- Rabbi Acha on Eishes Chayil ...
- And much, much more!
About the Author
Joe Bobker was born in 1947 in Ulm, a displaced persons camp in Germany, to Polish Holocaust survivors Chaskel, of blessed memory, and Ida Bobker. On May 21, 1949, the family arrived in Sydney, Australia, on board the Luciano Marnaro liner as refugees from Adolf Hitler s reign of terror. The most searing influences on his Jewishness were his parents, two simple Yidden who saw over 131 family members turned into ashes by the genocidal Nazi war machine and yet never swayed from their beliefs. Their faith was clearer than vision. Mr. Bobker studied at the famed Mercaz HaRav Kook Yeshiva in Kiryat Moshe, Jerusalem. Over the years he has spoken frequently and is well known for his dozens of articles about Jews and Judaism in the 100-year-old Los Angeles Jewish Times, of which he was publisher and editor-in-chief. A prolific and creative writer, Bobker has covered a wide variety of Jewish subjects from a very personal, philosophical, erudite and witty perspective. Since 1980, he has lived in Los Angeles and New York with his wife Miriam, a barrister from Melbourne, Australia, herself a child of Polish Holocaust survivors.