The Complete Hebrew Text of the Chochmas Adam Plus English Translation & Commentary
"Let us thank Dr. Cohen for his superb English translation of the Sefer Chochmas Adam, and also for his illuminating English commentary... his work is thorough and complete."
-- Rabbi Avigdor Miller
"Dr. Cohen has written a most comprehensive and accurate English translation of the famous Sefer Chochmas Adam...these seforim can be of great benefit to anyone who wishes to learn these important laws."
-- Rabbi Avraham Asher Zimmerman, z"l
More than two hundred years ago, Rabbi Avraham Danzig was asked by European Torah authorities to produce a work that would summarize all the laws in the Yoreh Deah section of the Shulchan Aruch. The result -- Sefer Chochmas Adam -- has become a modern classic. To this day, it remains the only published guide to provide a complete, yet succinct, review of these importanthalachos.
Sefer Chochmas Adam was written in consultation with two of the greatest Torah scholars of the time: Rabbi Chaim of Volozhin and Rabbi Yaakov of Lisa (the Chavos Da'as). Reportedly, even the Chasam Sofer instructed his son that when he had to to make ahalachic decision and he couldn't refer to the Shulchan Aruch, he could look into the Chochmas Adam.
Sefer Chochmas Adam on Hilchos Basar B'chalav (Laws of Meat and Milk) features:
- The complete original Hebrew text of Sefer Chochmas Adam
- A full and lucid English translation of the Hebrew text.
- A comprehensive English commentary with extensive background materials and explanation of the text, plus selected halachic decisions of contemporary authorities
- A newly revised and uniquely formatted edition of the complete original Hebrew text
- Helpful introductions and appendices